Skitouring mount Onen with Hardanger Fjellguide
Mount Onen is located in the heart of Hardanger and is among the tallest mountains in the area. From the top there is a magnificent view of parts of Hardanger, Hardangervidda, Vassfjøro, Folgefonna, Hardangerjøkulen and Vossafjella.
Join local ski guides in this great terrain!
The famous mountain farm Kjeåsen lies like an eagle's nest on the steep mountainside, 530 m above Simadalsfjorden. From Kjeåsen, you put on your skis and tackle the steep mountainside up towards Onen. The downhill run from Onen is perhaps one of the most beautiful in Hardanger - long and nice - with a whole 1,100 meters of altitude skiing!
Practical info and security
• On hikes in steep terrain, an avalanche detector, search bar and shovel are required.
• In good time before departure, we will send you an equipment list and all practical information.
• Ski bag with good attachments to carry skis on the backpack, and several rooms for various equipment, food, drinks etc.
• Randonèe (top turski / telemark ski), ski boots and poles
• Ski helmet
• Cutting iron (optional)
• Ski traps (check that the traps have good glue and cover to the steel edge)
• Avalanche detector, shovel and search bar (check battery)
• Rope set (in case the binding or something breaks)
• 30-40L sack
• Goggles / ski goggles
• Thermos with hot drinks and packed lunch
• insulating underwear (wool)
• extra change of wool underwear.
• extra hat, gloves / mittens
• insulating intermediate layer (wool / fleece)
• wind / waterproof outerwear
• gloves / mittens
• insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
Try to keep the weight of the backpack as low as possible without compromising safety and the joy of hiking.
Included in the price:
- all expenses for a guide and all common equipment
- impart knowledge about avalanche topics and avalanche assessments, skiing, winter hiking tips, high mountain assessments, skiing technique tips etc.
- Locally known guides with long experience and high competence.
Not included in the price:
- personal ski / avalanche equipment
- food and drink
- travel insurance
For group discounts contact Hardanger Fjellguide directly.
The trip will only be completed when there is a minimum of 4 participants registered.