Skitouring mount Storeflåtten
This is a long and challenging hike in demanding terrain, and is suitable for those who are well trained and used to long hikes in the summits. The trip is only available in safe snow conditions and good weather.
Practical info and security
• On hikes in steep terrain, an avalanche detector, search bar and shovel are required.
• In good time before departure, we will send you an equipment list and all practical information.
• Ski bag with good attachments to carry skis on the backpack, and several rooms for various equipment, food, drinks etc.
• Randonèe (top turski / telemark ski), ski boots and poles
• Ski helmet
• Cutting iron (optional)
• Ski traps (check that the traps have good glue and cover to the steel edge)
• Avalanche detector, shovel and search bar (check battery)
• Rope set (in case the binding or something breaks)
• 30-40L sack
• Goggles / ski goggles
• Thermos with hot drinks and packed lunch
• insulating underwear (wool)
• extra change of wool underwear.
• extra hat, gloves / mittens
• insulating intermediate layer (wool / fleece)
• wind / waterproof outerwear
• gloves / mittens
• insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
Try to keep the weight of the backpack as low as possible without compromising safety and the joy of hiking.
Included in the price:
- all expenses for a guide and all common equipment
- impart knowledge about avalanche topics and avalanche assessments, skiing, winter hiking tips, high mountain assessments, skiing technique tips etc.
- Locally known guides with long experience and high competence.
Not included in the price:
- personal ski / avalanche equipment
- food and drink
- travel insurance
For group discounts contact Hardanger Fjellguide directly.
The trip will only be completed when there is a minimum of 4 participants registered.