Coronavirus and travelling to Norway
From Thursday 12 March until Thursday 26 March 2020, the following rules apply:
- Everyone who arrive from outside the Nordic countries should be in quarantine for 14 days from their arrival in Norway, regardless of whether they have symptoms. Retroactive from 27 February.
- Travellers from countries outside the Nordic region who are not residents of Norway will be asked to return to their country of departure. The alternative for these travellers is quarantine. Travellers with symptoms will be isolated.
- Domestic transport is to continue as normal as possible for the moment.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to avoid leisure travel.
- Avoid travel that is not strictly necessary (both domestic and abroad), and avoid public transport if you can.
- Avoid other places where you can easily get close to others.
- Avoid close contact with others.
For travelers who are currently in Norway, they need to contact the Chief Medical Officer in the municipality in which they are currently staying for furthe advise.
More information about the situation in Voss - click here
Do you have any questions about the coronavirus situation and travelling in Norway? Please find updated information and travel advice at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
Updated information and advice if you are travelling to Norway: The Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
You can also find more information on these pages:
If you are experiencing symptoms like fever, sore throat, chest pain and breathing difficulities while travelling in Norway, please stay in your hotel room and contact guests service by telephone, or call the 24-hour Norwegian medical service at (+47) 116 117 for guidance and assistance.