Hardanger and Voss offer a fantastic ski terrain, with beautiful summits and fjord views and a large number of varied descents for all skill levels. We will try to find good snow conditions in safe terrain for skitouring. Difficulty level will be adapted to the group. Destination is chosen based on the best possible snow conditions and weather / wind conditions.
Guided skitouring is perfect when you want to get to know a new area. With a local guide you can lean back and enjoy the hike, while someone else leads the way. Guided skitouring is also safer than setting out on your own. Local guides have a lot of knowledge and can read the snow and terrain really well. You will also learn a lot on guided trips. Hardanger Fjellguide have a lot of information that they are happy to share with you.
Practical info and security
• On hikes in steep terrain, an avalanche detector, search bar and shovel are required.
• In good time before departure, we will send you an equipment list and all practical information.
• Ski bag with good attachments to carry skis on the backpack, and several rooms for various equipment, food, drinks etc.
• Randonèe (top turski / telemark ski), ski boots and poles
• Ski helmet
• Cutting iron (optional)
• Ski traps (check that the traps have good glue and cover to the steel edge)
• Avalanche detector, shovel and search bar (check battery)
• Rope set (in case the binding or something breaks)
• 30-40L sack
• Goggles / ski goggles
• Thermos with hot drinks and packed lunch
• insulating underwear (wool)
• extra change of wool underwear.
• extra hat, gloves / mittens
• insulating intermediate layer (wool / fleece)
• wind / waterproof outerwear
• gloves / mittens
• insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
Try to keep the weight of the backpack as low as possible without compromising safety and the joy of hiking.
Included in the price:
- all expenses for a guide and all common equipment
- impart knowledge about avalanche topics and avalanche assessments, skiing, winter hiking tips, high mountain assessments, skiing technique tips etc.
- Locally known guides with long experience and high competence.
Not included in the price:
- personal ski / avalanche equipment
- food and drink
- travel insurance
For group discounts contact Hardanger Fjellguide directly.
The trip will only be completed when there is a minimum of 4 participants registered.