Skitouring Raundalsryggen with Hardanger Fjellguide
Raundalsryggen is a classic skitour. Here are four mountain peaks in a row, with deep valleys in between. Raundalsryggen has impressive peaks including Olsskavlen (1,576 masl) and Horndalsnuten (1,467 masl).
Practical info and security
• On hikes in steep terrain, an avalanche detector, search bar and shovel are required.
• In good time before departure, we will send you an equipment list and all practical information.
• Ski bag with good attachments to carry skis on the backpack, and several rooms for various equipment, food, drinks etc.
• Randonèe (top turski / telemark ski), ski boots and poles
• Ski helmet
• Cutting iron (optional)
• Ski traps (check that the traps have good glue and cover to the steel edge)
• Avalanche detector, shovel and search bar (check battery)
• Rope set (in case the binding or something breaks)
• 30-40L sack
• Goggles / ski goggles
• Thermos with hot drinks and packed lunch
• insulating underwear (wool)
• extra change of wool underwear.
• extra hat, gloves / mittens
• insulating intermediate layer (wool / fleece)
• wind / waterproof outerwear
• gloves / mittens
• insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
Try to keep the weight of the backpack as low as possible without compromising safety and the joy of hiking.
Included in the price:
- all expenses for a guide and all common equipment
- impart knowledge about avalanche topics and avalanche assessments, skiing, winter hiking tips, high mountain assessments, skiing technique tips etc.
- Locally known guides with long experience and high competence.
Not included in the price:
- personal ski / avalanche equipment
- food and drink
- travel insurance
For group discounts contact Hardanger Fjellguide directly.
The trip will only be completed when there is a minimum of 4 participants registered.