Guided hike to Bakkanosi - above Nærøyfjorden
The hike to Bakkanosi starts from Jordalen valley after a 40 minute drive from Myrkdalen Hotel. First we will walk the tractor road to the charming mountain farms in Slettedalen valley. From the mountain farms we'll walk up the u-shaped valley on the left side of a little river. By the Slettedalstjørni tarn, the track eases off towards the top of Bakkanosi mountain. It's hard to describe the stunning and airy view of the Nærøyfjord at the top. You have to experience it yourself!
We will return the same way we came up. The length of the hike is approximately 20 km in total.
- The hike is long and is partly in high mountain terrain where the weather conditions can change fast. You need to be fit and have hiking experience in steep and uneaven terrain.
- Lower age limit is 12 years
All participants must have sturdy hiking boots/shoes, and a backpack with water and wind proof clothing, food and drink. Information regarding the equipment needed will be sent to each participant.
- Departure from Myrkdalen Hotel at 7.45 am
- Arrival Jordalen: 8.30 am
- Departure Jordalen: 5 pm
- Arrival Myrkdalen Hotel: 5.45 pm
The itinerary is an estimate and it will vary from group to group.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Transport Myrkdalen - Jordalen return
- Guided hike to Bakkanosi mountain return (approximately 20 km in total)
NOK 1295,- per person
Lower age limit: 12 years
1 - 6 people