Guided backcountry ski trip for beginners - Outdoor Norway
Want to try out ski touring in the beautiful winter mountains of Voss? This trip is suitable for those with little or no experince with ski touring. Our local guides will have two objectives on every trip: providing you with the best possible experience, and keeping you safe.
This type of touring requires a moderate fitness level, and we recommend being able to ski or ride moderate resort blue runs.
The trips are available every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the months of February, March and April.
48 hours before departure we decide where we're going, based on the weather forecast, avalance danger, snow conditions and the group's wishes. The possible destinations are:
- Mount Oksen
- Raundalen Mountains
Solo travelers or small groups:
If you are traveling as an individual or in a group of up to 2 persons, this product offers a spot in an open group. It's a great opportunity to meet new mates and share a passion for ski touring!
- Per person: 1.500 NOK for one day
Be aware that we need a minimum of 3 participants to offer you a spot for 1500,- NOK per person. In case of 2 or fewer bookings per day, you will be offered to share expenses for a private guide (4500,- NOK/ day) or the trip will be canceled and we will fully refund you.
Are you a group of 3 or more? Book your private guide!
Prices start at 4.500 NOK per day. Price per person decreases as group size increases. Prices are listed in NOK (Norwegian Kroner) and are based on the hire of one guide per group.
- Up to 3 people: 4.500/day per group
- 4 people: 5.500/day per group
- 5 people: 6.000/day per group
- 6 people: 6.500/day per group
For safety reasons, our guide ratio is 6 persons per group.
Included in the price:
- Private guide
- Avalanche safety kit (beacon, shovel, and probe)
Not included in the price:
- Lunch, beverages, and snacks
- Ski lift tickets (should we ski near a ski resort)
- Equipment, clothing, or rental fees.
Ikkje inkludert i prisen:
- Lunsj, drikke og snacks
- Skikort (om me skal bruka skiheis på turen)
- Skiutstyr, utleige eller klede
- Skis and bindings (alpine touring, telemark or splitboard setup)
- Climbing skins
- Ski boots, poles, and helmet
- Shell jacket with hood, water, and windproof
- Shell pants, water and windproof
- Down or synthetic jacket
- Mid-layer sweater or vest
- Wool base layers
- Gloves, hat, socks, sunglasses & goggles
- Personal backpack
Outdoor Norway has rental equipment, contact them if you need something.
For questions about the trip, contact Outdoor Norway at [email protected] or +47 459 71 515.